Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Favorite Skincare Products

As a bridal makeup artist, my philosophy is that if your skin looks flawless, then your makeup will look flawless as well. When your skin is smooth and hydrated the makeup goes on better and looks a lot smoother. I have been kind of obsessed with my skin since I was 14 years old and I really believe that because of using good skincare products and making sure I use sunblock every day my skin has kept its tone and elasticity. My clients always ask me what I use on my skin and how I take care of it,and here are some of my secrets: Exfoliate regularly and use SPF everyday. Why and how to exfoliate you ask? Well, when I talk about exfoliating, I'm not talking about scrubbing your skin with a harsh scrub. You can use cleansers, creams and moisturizers that have exfoliating ingredients in them that do an excellent job without being harsh on your skin. There are secret ingredients that do the exfoliation for you on a deeper level and make your skin glow. Here are some of my favorite products out on the market that do an excellent job of exfoliating your skin.

Cleanser

Murad exfoliating cleanser: this cleanser has very fine particles that exfoliate your skin, but it's still very creamy and gentle. I like using this cleanser 3-4 times a week to keep my skin glowing. Whenever I use it, I swear I feel like my skin looks so much brighter!




Sophyto Cleanser: I like this foaming glycolic cleanser because it is gentle but it still exfoliates your skin. I also love this line because it is a natural and organic. 


Toner: 

Murad Hydrating Toner: This toner is great for refreshing your skin throughout the day or before applying moisturizer. I love it because it doesn't feel sticky and it smells very fresh. It is perfect for this dry weather as a pick-me uppper.
Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Face Mist: This stuff is so great! It feels calming on the skin and has tons of antioxidants. It's good for all skin types and smells delicious.  

Moisturizer

Olay Day Cream: a basic day lotion that I have been using for years. It gets the job done of moisturizing and protecting your skin without leaving it greasy or oily. I like it for all skin types, but if you have dry skin you might want to use something a bit heavier.

Ole Henriksen Pure Perfection Night Cream: I use this cream every night before bedtime and when I wake up, my skin feels so supple and smooth. It has glycolic acid in it, so it exfoliates your skin while you sleep. I love it and highly recommend it!


Murad Perfecting Day Cream: I love this lotion for many reasons. The consistency is thin, but it moisturizes the skin really nicely. It has SPF 30, which is sometimes hard to find in a lotion. And the good thing is that it doesn't have the strong smell of sunscreen. 


Mask

Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask: I LOOOVE this mask! It gently dissolves the dead skin, while revealing brighter, younger looking skin. It's ideal to use on normal/combination skin on a weekly basis. I love that it comes in small packets so you don't have to stick your fingers into a jar. 


Serum

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum: This is the only serum I use every day before makeup application. It's like a daily vitamin for your skin. It has tons of antioxidants and is very moisturizing. My makeup goes on so nicely after I use this stuff. I'm kinda addicted. 


Well, I hope this was a helpful guide for your skincare. As you can tell, I love Murad and Ole Henriksen lines.. and trust me I have tried MANY skin care lines through out the years. Please post your comments and questions below and link to my Facebook page for more info and updates.

xoxo,
Yana




No comments:

Post a Comment